Developing Story: Pet Rescued From Spencer House Fire

OnFocus – A fire that was reported early Friday morning in the 100 block of Spruce Street in Spencer is under investigation. The cause is not suspicious in nature.

According to Spencer Fire & Rescue Chief Jason Foth, the fire originated in the garage and spread to the house. Crews were on scene until noon, dealing with snow and wind.

Foth said a hamster was in a cage in one of the bedrooms in the back of the house. Because the fire was in the attic, firefighters were able to enter the bedroom and save the hamster from the fire.

Foth said the hamster appeared to be doing well after the rescue.

The house was a total loss and the family is receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

Mutual aid from Loyal, Marshfield, Central Fire, Stratford and Hewitt assisted Spencer on scene.

We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!

News Desk
Author: News Desk

This piece was posted by our news team! Contact us or submit stories at [email protected]