Neillsville (OnFocus) – The Cloverbelt Conference has announced spectator guidelines for football, with safety guidelines in place for teams and fans. Key points of information from the collaborative guidelines published by the Cloverbelt:
- A maximum of four tickets will be available for each player.
- Host schools may reduce the number and communicate it with their opponent.
- If a school sets an inequitable limit for home and away fans, that inequity applies when they travel to other schools for matches.
- Tracking of attendance will be the responsibility of the host school in accordance with their county guidelines.
- All athletes will be screened by coaches or athletic trainers prior to practices and games
- Full plastic shields covering the entire football facemask or cloth face coverings(masks) mandatory for all players during practices and competitions. Gaiter neck and face coverings are not allowed as they are a choking hazard.
- Players will be required to have a face covering if their helmet is off on the
- Teams not wearing the proper face coverings in the proper manner will be given the
opportunity to correct the issue up until the start of the game.
- Failure to wear the proper shield/face covering in a proper manner will result in
forfeiture by the offending team.
- There will be no handshakes after the game or during the coin toss.
- All coaches, workers, and officials are required to wear a face-covering during
scrimmages and games.
- Visiting players should be dressed when they arrive.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!