City of Marshfield Requires License for Short-Term Rentals

Owners of property in Marshfield who plan to rent out their homes listed on websites like Airbnb or VRBO will need to apply for a short-term rental license through the City of Marshfield if the property is rented out for a period of 29 days or less.

Airbnb’s are originally known as “Air Bed and Breakfast/Air mattress B&B”, which is an online marketplace that connects visitors who want to rent out their homes over a short term. A VRBO is short for “Vacation Rental By Owner” and as the name implies, it specializes in vacation rentals of all types: houses, apartments, condos, villas, etc.

Please contact the City Clerk’s office at 715-384-7831 or reach out to Deputy City Clerk Jessica Schiferl at [email protected] to obtain a license or for more information.

The City of Marshfield will begin accepting applications for short-term rental licenses on Monday, June, 1 2020.

In addition, to getting a license from the City, licenses and permits are also required by the State of Wisconsin along with Marathon and Wood Counties.

The application for short-term rental license is available on the city website at

Council Discusses Proposed Regulations for Short-Term Rentals

News Desk
Author: News Desk

This piece was posted by our news team! Contact us or submit stories at [email protected]