MILWAUKEE—The Milwaukee Brewers 2021 Home Opener on April 1 was anything but traditional, with limited capacity and few of the traditional festivities that are a staple of Opening Day. Accordingly, the Brewers announced today that June 25 – the first game this year that American Family Field will be at 100 percent capacity – will officially be “Re-Opening Day 2021.”
Since Opening Day is traditionally an afternoon start, the Brewers have moved the start time of the June 25 game against the Colorado Rockies from 7:10 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. Re-Opening Day will include appearances by Brewers icons Cecil Cooper and Paul Molitor, a special national anthem performance, and many other ceremonies that herald the beginning of a new season.
In addition, all fans in attendance at the June 25 Re-Opening Day will receive a special magnet schedule, courtesy of Palermo’s, reflecting the remaining 43 home and 44 road games scheduled from June 25 through the season’s end. The first 10,000 fans will also receive a free 1980s-style Brewers t-shirt, sponsored by Northwestern Mutual.
“Re-Opening Day is a recognition both of American Family Field at 100 percent capacity for the first time since September 2019 and of the reopening of the City of Milwaukee,” said Brewers President – Business Operations Rick Schlesinger. “We want our fans to experience all of the pomp and circumstance of the Home Opener as we lift the restrictions on capacity and pregame events.”
Tickets for “Re-Opening Day” and all remaining games will go on sale on Friday, June 4 at a special “Tropical Tailgate” event at American Family Field, as well as online at Brewers.com and by phone (1-800-933-7890).
What exactly is a “Tropical Tailgate”? We’re glad you asked:
- The “Tropical Tailgate” replaces the annual “Arctic Tailgate” event, which historically has marked the first day of individual game ticket sales every year. The Arctic Tailgate was not staged this year.
- Like the Arctic Tailgate, hardy fans will be allowed to “camp out” at the American Family Field Box Office the night of Thursday, June 3 beginning at 11:30 p.m. Good news – the long-range forecast calls for temperatures to be roughly 60 degrees warmer than the last few Arctic Tailgates. Please see below for rules in place for fans interested in camping out the night before tickets go on sale.
- There will be a midnight movie on a giant outdoor screen as well as snacks for the early arrivals.
- The next morning, the first 500 fans at the box office will receive the following, all free:
- A limited edition, official “2021 Re-Opening Day” t-shirt. The shirt will not be sold, so this is truly a one-of-a-kind item
- Beer from Molson Coors, and Screwdrivers courtesy of SKYY Vodka and Delaware North/Sportservice
- Sausage Strips from Johnsonville Breakfast Pizza from Palermo’s and donuts (first 200 fans) from Grebe’s Bakery
- Soda from Pepsi
- “Re-Opening Day” Photo Opportunities, Games and prizes including Brewers merchandise, autographed items, and tickets to Hawaiian Shirt Night on June 12
- There will be appearances from Brewers alumni, broadcasters, mascots and other personalities; plus a live performance from the band, “Whole Yachta Love,” and much more.
- Another benefit for those coming to the Tropical Tailgate event – tickets for June 25 and all scheduled games thereafter will go on sale 20 minutes early at 9:40 a.m., giving fans in attendance the first shot at the best seats for all games. Online and phone sales will start at 10 a.m.
- The Brewers Team Store will open at 7 a.m. on June 4 with special deals:
- 20% off Game Used Jerseys from 2020.
- 20% off Milwaukee Brewers Beach Collection (hats and swim trunks)
- Spend $200 on player related Nike merchandise get a free autograph baseball.
The Brewers have also released the full season promotional schedule that includes several notable giveaways. The ever-popular bobblehead games, available to the first 35,000 fans, will include the following: the iconic Hank Aaron (June 6), Christian Yelich (June 13 & Aug. 8), Paul Molitor (June 27), Robin Yount (July 11), Lorenzo Cain (July 25), Ben Sheets (Aug. 22), Ryan Braun (Sept. 5) and a special audible Bob Uecker bobblehead (Sept. 26), complete with some of his most-revered highlight calls.
As a reminder, single game tickets for games scheduled from today through June 16 are currently available at brewers.com, 1-800-933-7890 or the American Family Field Box Office.
Season and Partial Season Packages (10-or-more games) are now available by calling 414-902-4487. In addition, Group Ticket packages for all games are now available by calling 414-902-GRPS (414-902-4777) or at Brewers.com/Groups.
TROPICAL TAILGATE RULES
Participants will not be permitted to set up camp prior to 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 3. No hand-made or hand-built shelters shall be permitted. No shelters made of cardboard or wood will be permitted. Shelters with a footprint greater than 100 square feet are not permitted unless otherwise approved by the Brewers. American Family Field power sources are not available for public use and gas generators are not permitted on the property. Only State-Approved gas/propane heating/grilling units with fuel-valve turn-offs and self-contained charcoal/wood units are permitted; provided, however, that they must be a minimum distance of 25 feet from the building or shelters. Activity and items permitted on the premises are subject to the approval of the Brewers. The Brewers reserve the right to remove any shelter, items, or individuals from the property.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!