We know that navigating the club volleyball world can be a bit daunting at times. We’ve developed a guide to aid you!
BRVA Family Guide to Club Volleyball (click here) — updated April 2020
If you have any questions about membership and registration, or are having some problems, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Here are some other resources and guidelines:
P is for praising, which your child needs often.
A is for accepting, so hard edges will soften.
R is for recognizing your child’s many talents.
E is for encouraging a good healthy balance.
N is for nurturing, to help your child grow.
T is for teaching, then letting go.
S is for smiling at the growth and the glow.
* Print this and hang it at your events (A reminder for parents & sportsmanship)
* Dear Parents: a letter by player, coach and parent Mike Schall
* Changing the Game Project: resources on being a successful sports parent
* Coach-Parent Partnership: guidelines for developing a healthy coach/parent relationship.
* Positive Coaching Alliance: valuable resources for sports parenting
* Safe Athletes: what every parents should know about athlete abuse
* Parents Association for Youth Sports: education and membership program
* YESports: a mastery approach to parenting in sports
* USAV Parent Resources: helpful resources on parenting in the volleyball world
* NCAA.org: information on college rules and regulations
* What Parents Should Say: some guidelines on what parents should say as their children perform.
* Positive relationships: The importance of a strong coach-athlete relationship
* Education and sports: How the two go hand-in-hand to build a better community
* Sports lingo: Terms that you may hear around our sport.
* Steroid Abuse: Understanding and preventing steroid use in sports
* U.S. Center for SafeSport: Updated in 2020 to reflect the latest in athlete safety
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!