At 8:40 p.m. on Oct. 23, Arpin Fire & Rescue was dispatched to 6290 Park Lane in the village of Arpin for a fire in the kitchen.
Smoke was visible upon arrival, and a team made entry to the kitchen, which was fully engulfed in flames. They made a quick attack to extinguish the flames and then made sure there was no extension into the walls.
The family of seven are safe and made arrangements to stay with family members. The home is a loss and the fire is still under investigation, but foul play is not suspected. Assisting were Richfield Rural Fire Department, Pittsville Ambulance and the members from Central RIT (Vesper, Hewitt, Pittsville).