Voting for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, January 23 – January 29 saw voters select Lia Peterson of Amherst as the area’s Top Performer. Peterson collected 354 votes.
Taking second place was Kaylie Upson of Phillips with 231 votes.
Kate Fitzgerald of Mosinee took third place with 159 votes.
*** Want to see a team or athlete you follow nominated? We need game results – encourage coaches to send us game reports so we can acknowledge more athletes and teams for their top performances! send to: [email protected] ***
- Alexandr Hofrichter, Antigo Girls Wrestling – Hofrichter blew threw the field to take the 152 pound title at the Girls State Wrestling Title on Saturday. Hofrichter picked up pins in 16, 25 and 42 seconds in her first three matches and then took the title with a third period pin.
- Kaylie Upson, Phillips Girls Wrestling – Upson collected three wins, all by pin, as she won the 285 pound Girls State Wrestling Title on Saturday.
- Marcus Hall, D.C. Everest Boys Basketball – The scoreboard had a workout Tuesday in the Evergreens’ 105-98 overtime win over Wausau West. The highest combined scoring output by a pair of teams this season saw Hall pour in 44 points, grab 13 rebounds and dish out 8 assists. Hall also connected on all 17 of his free throw attempts.
- Lia Peterson, Amherst Girls Wrestling – Peterson took third place at 107 pounds at the WIAA Girls State Wrestling Championships on Saturday.
- Kate Fitzgerald, Mosinee Girls Basketball – Fitzgerald has come up big for Mosinee all season long, averaging 14.4 points and 9.2 rebounds for Mosinee(9-0 GNC, 18-0 overall). Fitzgerald scored 23 points in a 81-39 win over Northland Pines and 18 points in the Indians’ 66-19 win over Tomahawk.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!