Employees at the Family Health Center of Marshfield building at 1307 N St Joseph Ave were evacuated around 7:30 this morning to a neighboring lot after an alleged gas leak.
A representative from building services spoke with OnFocus this morning on the alleged gas leak at the property and said that an employee had smelled what might have been gas. The building was evacuated as a precaution and We Energies was called to the scene. A short time later, the building was given the all-clear and employees were able to return.
Marshfield Fire & Rescue Department investigates many gas leaks or suspicious odors. In 2016, they responded to 20 gas calls (16 detected gas, 4 odor calls). In 2017, the responders investigated 17 gas calls (7 detected gas, 10 odor calls).
If a gas leak is suspected, immediate action should be taken to prevent the dangers. Learn more: