Home Local News Police Reports: Man Returns Stolen Items for In-Store Credit
Marshfield Police Department Police Reports
- 2.07.19 at 2300: Officers were dispatched to a disturbance at a hotel. As a result of the investigation, a 26 year-old Lac Du Flambeau male was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. When the suspect was taken into custody he resisted officers and was in possession of drug paraphernalia. Suspect was medically cleared and then transported to the Wood County jail for the charges and a probation hold.
- 2.05.19 at 0030: A woman reported the front window was removed and damaged. A possible suspect of a 20 year-old Colby man who used to live there with the complainant and still has property there was mentioned. Contact was attempted by phone but was unsuccessful. Probation was contacted and will place a no contact between the two people. Physical evidence was attempted to be collected but was identified as the roommate’s fingerprints. An interview will be conducted when contact is made with the male.
- 2.05.19 at 1040: A 62 year-old Marshfield woman called dispatch to report a disturbance in which she had been strangled. Subsequently a 56 year-old Marshfield man was taken into custody for Strangulation-Domestic, booked, and then transported to Wood County jail. She enforced the 72 hour no contact and was screened in with an advocate. Charge for strangulation will be referred to Wood County District Attorney’s Office.
- 2.04.19 at 1342: Anonymous complainant reported that the front door at a Palmetto address was wide open. Officers arrived on scene and observed the door resting on the deck. The residence was cleared and appeared to be vacant. Contact with a neighbor was made and he stated that the house has been unoccupied for several weeks. The house was in poor condition and there were no valuables inside. The entryway had snow piled up, which suggests that the inclement weather may have been a factor in the damage to the door as it was also attached by drywall. Contact with the property owner will be made.
- 2.03.19 at 1701: A 71 year-old man reported his wallet was stolen off the bar. Several patrons were able to identify the suspect as a 74 year-old Marshfield male. Officers were able to locate the man and all contents of the wallet were recovered. Charges will be forwarded to the Wood County District Attorney’s Office.
- 2.03.19 at 1450: A 28 year old rural Marshfield man was taken into custody on 2/05 after returning to Menards the two days after partaking in a retail theft. The man was observed by staff and video surveillance taking numerous items valued at $1,344.19 and then concealing them prior to leaving the store without rendering payment. Later that same day the man returned and proceeded to return a stolen item for in-store credit. The man was taken into custody, booked, and then released with charges being referred to Marathon County District Attorney’s Office for Retail Theft. The man did admit and explain the theft along with the identity of the friend that assisted with the thefts. The 2nd suspect, a 46 year-old Stratford man, will be arrested and charged when he is contacted.
- 2.02.19 at 1436: An anonymous complainant reported the location of a 38 year-old Stratford male and a 21 year-old Marshfield female, who both had active warrants for their arrest. They were later located near 100 block S. Central Ave. The 21 year-old female fled on foot and was later captured and taken into custody. The male was located a short time later and also taken into custody. Both were transported to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then transported to the Wood County Jail.
- 2.01.19 at 0200 (reported): A 31 year-old Marshfield male stated he believes his vehicle was stolen from his residence in the last few days. He stated it may have been stolen by a male whom he had met in jail and was staying with him intermittently. Vehicle was entered into CIB and NCIC as stolen.
- 2.01.19 at 1908: A woman contacted police to report a physical altercation between two men outside of her residence. When officers arrived the altercation was over and the men were attempting to flee the area. Officers made contact with one of the males and he was arrested for a probation hold. The other male was not located.
- 2.01.19 at 1030: During a welfare check a 52 year-old male provided officers with a false name. The male was taken into custody and charges for obstructing and felony bail jumping will be directed to the Wood County District Attorney’s Office.
- 1.31.19 at 2030: A 38 year-old woman reported a disturbance between her and her 32 year-old boyfriend, whom she lives with. Contact was made with the boyfriend. Both subjects were taken into custody. The boyfriend posted the necessary bond and was released. She was unable to post bond and was transported to the Wood County Jail. A request for charges will be sent to the Wood County District Attorney’s Office.